Guatemala City, by Veylin Herrera (AGN) – The Guatemalan Tourism Institute -Inguat- informed that from April 24, those interested in climbing the Acatenango Volcano must register digitally.
For registration, Inguat enabled a digital form the user must fill out with the requested data. The registration form is available in Spanish and English for the convenience of domestic and foreign tourists.
According to the authorities, the information requested from travelers will allow them to keep a record of their visit to the volcano.
The registration form requests the following information:
- Travel agency name
- Date of check-in and check-out
- Name of a local tour guide
- Type of visit, individual or group
- Department and municipality of residence
- Emergency phone
- Gender and age
- Purpose of the visit
- Planned activities
- Travel modality
Inguat will register all the information to monitor the movement in the volcano, the number of visitors, and the most common activities in the area.
The following are the steps to complete before climbing the volcano:
- Fill out the registration form
- Once the document is completed, a screenshot must be taken.
- Send the form
- Present the screenshot at the checkpoint to receive the access bracelet.
By completing these steps, visitors will save time to start their tour and avoid lines to provide their data personally.