Guatemala City, Yuliza Muñoz (AGN) – The Guatemalan Tourism Institute -Inguat- announced the 41st edition of the Climbing to los Cuchumatanes.
This launch promotes sporting events that lead to spectacular tourist attractions in the country that interest locals and foreigners.
This event is scheduled for August 13 and will begin in the central park of Huehuetenango at 7:00 am.
There will be an exhibition at the municipal hall of Huehuetenango Park on Saturday, August 12, from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. At that location, the registered competitors can pick up the sports kit with which the participants will be registered as participants of the ascent.
According to Inguat, those who wish to participate must comply with the following requirements:
- Pay the registration efee of USD 22 in Bank Banrural account No. 3491023744, in the name of Ascenso a los Cuchumatanes.
- Sign in to www.ascensoaloscuchumatanes.com
- Provide your ID number and fill in your personal information.
- Attach a photograph of the payment voucher.
- Send the form and wait for a confirmation email.
Participants will receive a kit that contains the following:
- Runner’s number with disposable chip for personalized timing.
- Commemorative T-shirt.
- Award Medal with piece No. 4 of a 5-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Participation diploma.
- Hydration at the different points of the race.
This activity awakens the adventurous spirit of the athletes and leads them to face an adverse environment.
Participants face steep slopes, rough roads, and drastic changes in elevation and temperature that demand physical and mental endurance far superior to that required by any other competition.