Over 2000 People Attended Expo Becas 2023

The free activity ran until August 28 at the Miguel Ángel Asturias Cultural Center.

by Astrid Luna
169 views

Guatemala City, by Brenda Larios -AGN- During the first day of the second Expo Becas 2023, at least 2000 people participated in the booths located in the Gran Sala Efraín Recinos of the Centro Cultural Miguel Ángel Asturias in Guatemala City. 

During her inaugural speech, the Director of the Secretariat of Planning and Programming of the Presidency -Segeplan-, Keila Gramajo, highlighted that the current administration has prioritized the promotion of the academic program to boost the development of national human resources.

The Director of the Segeplan stated, “With the support of Mr. President Alejandro Giammattei, the development of a whole range of scholarship offers has been promoted.  This was not done before; we only held one annual event.”

The Collaborators

The Plaza Maya of the Miguel Angel Asturias Cultural Center is the venue for this event. During this year, the aid sources offered Guatemalan professionals close to seven hundred academic options to study abroad.

More than thirty international cooperation agencies, including those from the Republic of Korea, Japan, Israel, Mexico, Australia, the United States, Spain, Germany, France, the Republic of China -Taiwan-, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Turkey, India and Brazil, will be participating in this year’s event.

Scholarships

The venue will provide information on the offers available from each country. This includes bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees and specialization in short-term courses.

The fields to which interested applicants may apply include natural sciences, social sciences, engineering and technology, humanities, agricultural and veterinary sciences, art, design, and architecture.

Guatemalans will also obtain information on the requirements to apply for academic opportunities and the corresponding procedure in each situation.

As part of the second Expo Becas 2023, Segeplan also promotes discussions and a forum. During these activities, scholarship recipients and alums will share their academic, cultural, and personal experiences with those interested in specializing abroad.

 Expo Becas 2023

From April 24 to 30, the first Expo Becas 2023 took place, with the participation of twenty national and international development organizations. The activity was at the Miguel Ángel Asturias Cultural Center, and information was sent to other department delegations of Segeplan.

The first Expo Becas 2023 registered 321,000 users on social networks and 7,000 on-site attendees.

The participants also showed interest in the following areas:

  • 30 % in social sciences
  • 21% in engineering and technology
  • 17 % in medical and health sciences

The study also found that 66% of those interested were looking for study options abroad, and the remaining 34% were looking for domestic study opportunities.

You may also like

We are GT News, the official news agency of the Government of Guatemala.

Copyright  ©  SCSP 2022 Guatemala

[email protected]