Guatemala City, by Yuliza Muñoz -AGN- The Guatemalan Tourism Institute -Inguat- is implementing actions to ensure the safety of domestic and foreign tourists who visit the country’s attractions.
The institution announced that in the event of incidents, users may call the 1500 phone number, which has been made available for immediate response, as part of the initiative known as tourist assistance.
This unit coordinates assistance, security, and prevention measures to protect the integrity of national and foreign tourists. The plan intends to provide the necessary solutions to any inconveniences.
Inguat offers the following assistance:
- Call center 1500
- 12 tourist information offices
- 11 tourist assistance agents
- 15 offices of the tourist security division of the National Civil Police
Inguat indicated that the tourist assistance department offers various services to guarantee the well-being of tourists during their visit to the country. The department focuses on providing the following services:
- Information on routes and destinations
- Safety recommendations and tourist services
- Assistance in case of loss, robbery, or theft of personal belongings.
- Assistance in case of problems with tourist services
- Direct contact with embassies and consulates for the immediate attention of tourists.
The country’s security authorities recently announced that, throughout the year, the total number of tourists that have visited the Pacaya volcano to climb it has reached 62,507.
The authorities of the tourism security division stated that these actions contribute to the positive impact that tourism generates in the country.